The spring 2021 issue of The Musician magazine is being dispatched in print format to members this week and also included with this edition is an insert containing the Motions for this summer’s MU Conference and the call for Conference Delegates.
The contents include:
– MU secures carnet discount for members touring the EU
– A round-up of useful services and information for members
– MU General Secretary
– Deputy General Secretary
– How pressure is mounting for musicians touring the EU
– Focus on the DCMS inquiry on the Economics of Streaming
– An MU review of digital distribution aggregators
– How music educators have adapted to online teaching
– Focus on UK orchestras
– Maintaining my instrument with Louise Braithwaite
– Assistant General Secretary: Political Fund
– Why I joined the MU with Genia, Lizzy Hardingham and Gnoss
– The UK hip-hop scene: its legacy and its luminaries
– Buying and selling musical instruments: do’s and don’ts
– Interacting with MU members and supporters on Twitter
– Yazz Ahmed: trumpeter, flugelhornist and composer
– New albums, EPs and downloads from members
– Key contacts for the Musicians’ Union
– Tribute to John Morton, former MU General Secretary
– Member benefits
Members are reminded in Frontline (page 8) that the majority of our Statutory Regulation announcements are now to be found on the MU website.
The package is being distributed once more in sustainably sourced and fully recyclable paper envelopes. Those members who have opted to receive the journal in digital format will be receiving an email with suitable online access.
Audio files are being prepared to distribute all of the content in suitable format for our visually impaired members. In line with members’ requests the journal will also be available as a large print file in 24 point. Large print and audio versions of the insert are also being prepared.