The autumn 2017 issue of The Musician is being dispatched to members this week and this distribution includes, in keeping with our usual practice in September, the Members’ Diary for 2018.
– MPs and Peers sign pledge for musicians post-Brexit
– AIR Studios faces closure
– Tolpuddle Martyrs’ Festival
– Motion to TUC LGBT+ Conference
– General Secretary
– Assistant General Secretary
– MU Conference report
– Licensing opportunities with BBC Worldwide
– Fair Play venues scheme
– Challenges facing members who teach
– Letters, emails and tweets from MU members
– Why I joined the MU
– BJ Cole
– Grand Union Orchestra
– Pianist Sam Leak (cover)
– Preventing and managing performance-related injuries
– CDs & downloads
– Key contacts
– Ask Us First
– Union News: the motions carried at Conference)
– Member benefits checklist
This issue will be available via the MU website courtesy of our ‘page-turning’ ISSUU facility, plus audio files are being prepared to distribute the content in audio format to our visually impaired members.
In keeping with members’ requests, The Musician will also be available as a large print file in 24 point for downloading from our website.