The team from exhibition experts ProMedia collected several storage boxes of MU merchandise from the Union’s offices in the Oval this morning, whilst on their way to installing our stand at this year’s Music & Drama Education Expo at Olympia. We are hosting a 6m x 3m space with the newly named National Education Union (formed in 2017 by a merger of the ATL and NUT) over the two next two days and in attendance will be the respective Unions’ education teams.
My colleagues will be welcoming over 2,500 visitors, teachers and administrative staff and handling enquiries about membership and work-related issues, being involved in the extensive seminar and workshop programme, plus presenting the MU Inspiration Award. Nominated this year are:
- Alison North, a music teacher at Lindley Junior School and director of Lindley Community Choir
- Rachael Clarke, Head of Performing Arts at Joseph Rowntree School, York
- Jo White, a community musician who increases the reach of music in healthcare through Rhythmix’s Wishing Well project
- Don Gillthorpe, Director of Music & Performing Arts at Ripley St Thomas Church of England Academy
- David Barton, a private music tutor, accompanist and composer based in Lichfield.