I was delighted to attend the Music Producers Guild 2022 Awards event at the Tower Hotel tonight and to host the MU table and welcome our guests Gary Crosby, Janine Irons, Tom Gray, Anna Neale, Dave Webster and producer Greg Fitzgerald.
The evening began with a speech by songwriter/producer/engineer and composer Mika Sellens, who addressed the audience on what it meant to be an MPG member.
The Award winners were:
- Marta Salogni (producer of the year)
- Inflo (writer-producer of the year)
- Fiona Cruickshank (breakthrough producer and recording engineer)
- Lau.ra (self-producing artist)
- Matt Taylor (rising star)
- Manon Grandjean (mix engineer)
- Kevin Tuffy (mastering engineer)
- Lorna Blackwood (vocal producer)
- Tom Gray (unsung hero – sponsored by the MU)
- Abbey Road Studios (studio of the year)
- ‘Lisey’s Story’, composed & produced by Clark (original score recording)
- Little Simz: ‘Sometimes I Might Be Introvert’ (album)
- Linda Perry (inspiration)
- Joan Armatrading (outstanding contribution)
It was also a pleasure to catch up with so many friends and colleagues from across the industry, including Peter Leathem, Jamie Njoku-Goodwin, Olga Fitzroy, Eve Horne and Paul Scaife.