The summer 2022 issue of The Musician magazine is scheduled to be dispatched in print format to MU members this week. This is the 70th edition for which I have been editor, a role I have fulfilled since spring 2005 when the relationship with Future Publishing was established.
The contents include:
– Naomi Pohl elected as the first female MU General Secretary
– MU General Secretary: plans for the future
– Editor’s introduction: advising of change to publishing policy
– How musicians are coping post-Covid restrictions
– Sustainable touring and the steps musicians are taking
– Focus for teachers: music and wellbeing
– A new MU deal for RCO organists and members
– New orchestral advisory group promises a voice for musicians
– The implications and the value of NFTs for musicians
– CJ Hillman: UK pedal steel session player
– Fury: the West Midlands five-piece metal band
– A hands-on guide to choosing and using card readers
– Interacting with MU members and supporters
– New albums, EPs and downloads from members
MU Statutory Notices
General Secretary Election – Scrutineer’s Report
Summary of MU member benefits
In line with members’ requests, the journal will also be available in audio and as a large print file in 24 point.
For reference, the next edition – winter 2022 – will also be distributed in print format in December.